1.14.2009

{ Featured Artist: Schmooks }

I like to browse other people's favorites while on Etsy. The other day I came across a great, new shop, Schmooks! I was instantly drawn in by the abundant use of color and texture. As a painter, I am soooo into texture!
I wanted to share some of the wonderful artwork from Claire of Schmooks. Based in Australia, she prints in limited editions of 20, so get em while their hot! The images here are my 3 FAVORITE from her shop. {I'll be getting one as soon as I can actually decide which to chose...feel free to add comments about your favorites.}

Please enjoy her interview below:
How did you get started?
I have always been in love with art, and since I can remember have wanted to be an artist. I studied creative subjects throughout school and finished my degree in Graphic Design at the University of Canberra. I opened my Etsy shop recently as a way to not only showcase my work, but to connect with other creative people. It is such an invaluable network.
Where does your shop name come from?
Its is a little embarrassing really… It’s a name I called my husband when we were dating, it just kind of stuck around after that! {isn't that so cute!!}
Advice for other artists?
Well I can’t give too much advice regarding Etsy, as I’m only new at it myself. However I always say design for yourself and everything will fall into place – and if it doesn’t who cares, as long as you’re having a great time!
Favorite or best selling product?
I’m really into colours (as you can probably tell!). ‘If I were a peacock’ and ‘her red shoes’ are my favourites, they make me feel happy!
Illustrating for me is about being spontaneous and free. It’s my passion and addiction, I love it!

Want your very own Schmooks artwork? Get it here!

No comments: