5.01.2008

Sleepless Nights

I've never been a person who does well on little sleep. As a child, I would stay in bed until the very last minute and rush around to get to school on time. I love sleeping. That said, it's suprising how much I like watching my babies, either asleep or wide eyes, in the middle of the night. It's such a special moment-like time stands still. There are no ringing phones, siblings bickering, chores to tend to, no worries about the sleep I am missing.
The only thing that seems to exist is me and my special bundle of joy. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the alone time, with my first two. How quickly they have grown into independ little toddlers and beyond. I can still look at them and remember their own special, little, twinkling newborn eyes in the middle of the night.

5 comments:

bellasymphony said...

Congratulations! It truly is a blessing to have time seem to stand still as we get to adore them in such a precious state.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

oh my your little one is so precious

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

oh my your little one is so precious

Cherry Blossoms said...

He is so beautiful!

Megan said...

He's such a handsome little boy! Congratulations!

Enjoy those moments looking upon that sweet face.