5.01.2008

Sleepless Nights

I've never been a person who does well on little sleep. As a child, I would stay in bed until the very last minute and rush around to get to school on time. I love sleeping. That said, it's suprising how much I like watching my babies, either asleep or wide eyes, in the middle of the night. It's such a special moment-like time stands still. There are no ringing phones, siblings bickering, chores to tend to, no worries about the sleep I am missing.
The only thing that seems to exist is me and my special bundle of joy. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the alone time, with my first two. How quickly they have grown into independ little toddlers and beyond. I can still look at them and remember their own special, little, twinkling newborn eyes in the middle of the night.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations! It truly is a blessing to have time seem to stand still as we get to adore them in such a precious state.

Marissa Fischer said...

oh my your little one is so precious

Marissa Fischer said...

oh my your little one is so precious

Cherry Blossoms said...

He is so beautiful!

Megan said...

He's such a handsome little boy! Congratulations!

Enjoy those moments looking upon that sweet face.