11.28.2011

Making


Life is what you make it. So why not make it beautiful, lovely, make it grand. Make it happy. Just make it, for you! I spent years angry at the world. Just kinda fluttering by where the wind blew me. I was miserable... and lonely. One day, I woke up and decided "I" was going to lead my life. I was going to stop being angry, blaming people, and feeling sad. I was in charge of my destiny. I would create the life I wanted. I can say with perfect honesty, I've never looked back! My life is so full of love & happiness now. That said, I still have bad days {sometimes years}, I waver a bit and think I have no control. The truth is there are things in life that no one has control over. Sometimes, things just happen-good or bad, it is, as it is.

Life is what you make it. A dandelion "weed", becomes a treasure for mama, in a child's eye's. A piece of paper, an endless opportunity at creativity. Or, you could look at it as a weed, or a simple sheet of white paper, nothing more, nothing less. Some tough moments in our life have taught me compassion, and gratitude. With the thanksgiving holiday, just passed, I've reassessed all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for. I am living the life I always wanted, a houseful of children, with lots & lots of love to go around. A career, making. I am a maker-whether I am sewing, painting or knitting, or growing babies, I am always making. Life works in spells, right now I am making less, and spending more time with family. Some days I wish I had just a little more time. One day when I have hours a day to just sit and make, I'll most likely be missing the rhythm of our days now. With all it's noise, messy meals, and tiny hands to kiss & hold. I am so very thankful right now.

 Life is what you make of it. Just go where the day takes you. 

No comments: