The circus is in town...just kidding. We threw a circus themed party and needed some yummy circus cakes...mmmmm! These fun & easy elephant cake toppers were the perfect fit for the cupcakes. Super easy and add a fun element.
- Start by punching out circles with paper punch. We used 2" circles. You need 2 circles for each cupcake.
- Handstamp with a plain craft stamp each piece with whatever image matches your theme. The extra craft can carve their own stamps too.
- Take 2 circles, add a toothpick in between and glue them together plain old Elmer's Glue.
- Hold for a few seconds to let the glue set.
- Stick the toothpicks into the frosted cupcakes...and your DONE! Cute, fast and easy to match any theme.
These would be really fun for the upcoming holidays. Cute Merry Christmas, or Turkey images. A fun rainy day project with the kids too. They could draw their own images and color them with paint, crayons or markers.
And you can' t have a circus without the clowns! We used suckers to create a bouquet of balloons and to create a 3-d nose.