11.23.2011

more knitting




I've been knitting up a storm these past few months, for Christmas. I'm saving my sewing projects for last since they can be done a little quicker than the knits. Although I have a long list of sewing too-quilts, dresses, dolls, coasters... In the meantime, lots & lots of wash clothes have been coming off my needles. I think they make a nice, useful gift when paired with some fabulous handmade soap. {My absolute favorite is from Honeyrun Farms, local to Columbus. try the honey too it's amazing!}.

Hand knit washcloths take something simple& often, not even thought about, and makes it a little special. I have a special bowl that I like to eat out of. It's nothing fancy, just pretty with a petal shaped rim {actually picked up at the thrift store for less than $1}. Food just seems to taste better when eaten in it. It takes something that is often rushed through & makes it {just a little} more special. My pile to be gifted is growing, and growing.

No comments: