4.19.2012

For Baby



 
A new cousin joined the family last week. Super excited to meet him! Unfortunately, they are not in town, so I made this little sweater/shirt to send their way until I get to hold the little guy myself.

The pattern is from One yard Wonders. My "typical" newborn gift is the kimono top from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing. I'm not crazy about the inside ties on that one though, and haven't remedied that yet.  I wasn't so sure about this pattern because honestly, I don't really think the one in the book is "so" cute. It's the fabric & color choice, just not my style. I took a gamble because I liked the simple lines if the piece. I love it in this soft, flannel and neutral bias print. It was really quick to make {except making the bias tape. Didn't have any hanging around} If you used store bought bias it would be SUPER fast. I love it so much I wanted to make 5 more right away. Alas, I do not know five newborn sized babies, so I fought the urge.... hmmm, maybe I should have another one, just so I can dress him or her in these. {Here that sound, it's the sound of my husband fainting at the mere though}



No comments: