9.23.2011

Fall Equinox





Autumn has arrived! My favorite season with all it's wonderful smells of apple pies, spices and crisp, brisk air. The beautifully changing, crunchy fall leaves. I can't wait until our Japanese Maple turns red-it's officially fall in our yard then. I made this quick little table runner for the season. One side is a colorful mix of Autumn leaves for September & November. For the month of October it can be flipped over to the Halloween side. {Ohh, how I also love Halloween too!}

It's finished with a pretty, orange, hand sewn binding to add just the right amount of color to either side. I'm happy with how it turned out. It adds a nice touch of textiles to the table. We have fewer fresh flowers on the table as the cold weather joins us {boo}. I'm hoping this touch of color & texture will brighten my mood just like the flowers do in Spring & Summer.

1 comment:

andrea creates said...

cute runner~i love the texture too :)
have a super weekend...