10.26.2011

Pumpkin Patch 2012








My favorite time of the year is here! One of my favorite things to do in the Fall, is go to the Pumpkin Patch.  We have been going to the same, pick your own pumpkin patch, since the older kids were just little, tiny babies. I think it's worth the drive for the tradition of it alone. The kids love it, I love it! 

The past 2 years we've had friends join us. This year- I'm not gonna lie, it was a wee bit stressful for me. Seven kids will do that I guess. Six of which are running in opposing directions at once. Mostly it was Little {L} , TRYING to get lost in the corn field that bordered the pumpkin patch that had me a bit worried.  You'd think with two husbands along with us, that we were doubling the adults, so children could be more easily watches. Lesson learned, ehhh, yeah, no. It totally doesn't work that way. One husband is somewhat helpful, two makes them useless because they talk to each other the whole time, oblivious of those six children dispersing in all directions around them. All in all once all the kids finally got reeled in, pumkins were picked with care, and we had a great time. 

Some yummy apple cider, a little dancing, some hilarious {obscenely shaped} swan gourds, seven happy children, and 12 pumpkins later, made for a great afternoon


No comments: