10.03.2011

Apple Picking












We were able to squeeze in a trip to an apple farm, in between colds, cranky kids & rain here. I'm so so happy we did! It will officially be added to of list of family traditions in October. The kids had a great time, we came home with more yummy apples that I know what to do with {118!} , and we spent family time together.  The day was filled with lots of giggles, smiles, and well.. apples galore. I can't believe it's taken me thirty years to go pick apples. Seriously? What did our parents do with us as kids?

On the menu this week: apple pie, apple mash, apple cobbler, some applesauce to store for the upcoming winter, and apple ice cream. {with the recipe from the Jeni's splendid ice cream book. I'll share more on that later this week}

I'm so glad to welcome October! It's one of my favorite months filled with trips to the pumpkin patch, birthdays, craft shows, crispy air and the autumn leaves blanketing everything. I'm totally a fall girl & the apple picking trip has me all excited for the following month!


No comments: