4.27.2009

Time Spent

This is what I have been working on! Brooch after Brooch. They are so fun to make, use up small pieces of fabric I cannot bear to get rid of and have tons of uses:
They can be pinned onto hairband and used to add some color to your daily do. Added to a plain bag to spice it up. Fun accent to a scarf, jacket or shirt. Add one to a belt for a fresh look. I like to use them when wrapping gifts-It makes the package look pretty and it's functional too.

Since each piece is hand cut, no two are exactly alike. Most don't even look similar to any others. I love the texture and colors. Feeling extroverted, add a colorful, loud pin. Shy quite day? A nice neutral pin made from organic, undyed cottons and upcycled buttons will do the trick.

Theses will make their official debut at the Eco-Chic Craftacular. Come early[first 50 people] and you might just score a free one in the cool swag bags. I will be adding whatever I have left after the show to my Etsy shop starting May 18th. So, if your not local-they can travel to your home town also.






Tons of zipper pouches too. I have become somewhat obsessed with cutting the fabric squares and have a HUGE pile waiting for nap time to be sewn. Look for all the typical, fun, bright prints that I love. There will also be some quieter handprinted. organic versions. I can't decide if I love loud color, or calm serenity more.

Hope to see you at the show!!

No comments: