4.24.2009

Happy Friday!

After a L-O-N-G week, I was struck this afternoon with the need to create something for me. I've been putting off so many projects that I want, and started feeling uninspired to do the others. I've had plans to make a few new throw pillows for awhile. The pillows our couch came with were SO hideous! They have been stored in the attic for 2 years now. I started thinking that they would make a perfect pillow form, for some washable, removable covers.

The last time I made pillows, I cut, sewed, stuffed and sealed them....cut to a week later and the kids had food, marker and god only knows all over them. I decided then, it was the last time I make pillows that cannot be washed-for a house with 3 kids under 5!!


These are paired with upcycled sheets for backing, making the total cost only a few dollars for each!!! They only take about 15 minutes to make also [a good thing because that's about the only time I can find lately]. Below is the back of the larger pillow. When I get a chance, I'll add a few button closures.


Here is one of my brooch's shown by the new pillow and my purse.


No comments: