4.30.2009

Places I've lived...

Great painting from Fauve Bohemian


I have moved around quite a bit in my life. I've been thinking about the different places lately and thought I'd share.
I grew up in a large, old, green house on the West side of Cleveland. We moved to the house when I was in first grade. It was the first house that my parents owned, and we were so excited! It was large and drafty in the morning and downright cold in the winter. My sister and I used to fight about who got to stand in front of the metal heather gratein our dining room, each morning. You had to be careful though, it got so hot that it would burn your legs if you touched it.
I consider this to be my childhood house. We moved out when I was in 8th grade and I was devastated. I missed my friends, my room and the comfort of the large, strange old house that had become my home.


No comments: