7.28.2010

Some Sewing


New dresses for Miss {M} & Mama. I love the cute print on her dress fabric. I picked this up about a year ago. Originally it was going to be a birthday dress...then Christmas....and now a summer dress. Sometimes, time just gets away from us! She loves it and I'm happy too. It's nice and twirly, which my little girl is a fan of.

I made a smocked dress for myself too. It's a little too big, so it's been hanging in my closet after only wearing it once. I need to take out some fabric and move the straps. I need thick straps on things right now to cover up nursing bra straps--hate those little snaps showing through.

I'm working on some fun upcycled & new t-shirts for the boys right now. Hopefully I can get them finished this weekend. Little {L} is waiting very patiently for his new skulls hoodie, t-shirt. I'll share those when they are complete!

4 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

But how awesome is that though? That you can MAKE yourself and your kids, clothes?

I'm always in awe.

krissilugbill said...

what a beautiful dress! love it :) I wish i could sew...it would be so much fun to make dresses for my little babe...maybe one day i will learn? probably not...maybe I will just check out your shop instead. :)

Kim B said...

what pattern did you use?

Kunklebaby said...

It's a Mod kids kyoko dress pattern. I altered it a bit. I lengthened the dress, sewed a solid skirt and omitted the belt.

The pattern has a belt that cinches the waist. Instead I added a few rows of elastic thread. My daughter didn't like the belt with the other dress I made her from this pattern. It's seuper quick & easy to put together.