8.05.2009

Happiness

One, two , three.....where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday I was becoming a mother for the first time. That small baby, so tiny and sweet, suddenly has adult teeth!! How did this happen? How can time pass so quickly? Even the smallest, is quite unsmall-ish now.

Sometimes at night I hold them close and think, please, stop growing so fast. I'll blink a few more times and they will be holding their very own, sweet first babies.

I feel blessed each day that I get to spend with them. To listen to their questions, which have grown more in depth and require answers with much more substance than, "because that's how it is baby". I get to see glimmers of what they dream and aspire to be. Best of all, I am still the person they seek out for comfort or just a much needed afternoon hug.

That is true happiness for me! What makes you smile?

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

My smile comes at the very end of the day. After I've accomplished all of the goals that I set for myself, after my children are teetering on the edge of sleep, after I've walked 3 miles in the hundred degree heat. Lately my smile stays hidden for hours at a time, usually the hours in the middle of the day when my stress levels are at thier highest. It comes out in the morning with my yawn, and at night when my head is hitting the pillow.

But you're right. Before I know it, my babies will be holding babies of thier own. And when you put it that way, it makes me want to bring out my smile more often so that they can enjoy it with me.